Wiki Penile Aspiration with distal shunt CPT code

tadailey

Contributor
Best answers
One of my doctors did a penile aspiration with distal shunt and I don't feel the op note support either 54420 or 54330 but could use another opinion.

Op Note states:
The patient was taken to the operating room and prepped and draped in the usual sterile fashion. I attempted to aspirate from each side but no aspirate. A right distal glanular corporal shunt was accomplished by making a stab incision in the corporal body distally through the glans. The knife was rotated 90 degrees and repeated. There was excellent detumescence. The puncture was closed with a figure eight stitch through the skin. it remained flaccid. a pressure dressing was applied.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Teresa D

My physician stated he did a distal corporal cavernosal shunt, Ebbehoj. This is what he dictates: I took an 11 blade and incised and placed this deeply into the glans penis and then I brought it out and it T maneuver bringing this 90 degrees. I did this on each side. One this was done the penis was milked until the 6-day old blood was removed. This was very dark maroon-colored blood indicating again an ischemic priapism. The penis was flaccid for the most part at this point but the base of the penis was still somewhat hard. I tried the best I could to get this to the flaccid state which I was reasonably able to. I did take a 4-0 chromic in an interrupted fashion closed the glans penis.

This would be 54435, correct?