Wiki Percutaneous Corpectomy?

jsimon53

New
Best answers
I am driving myself crazy looking for the proper code to use for a percutaneous corpectomy. The physician's documentation states he did percutaneous corpectomies with augmentation at levels T6 and T8. I am starting to believe it is an unlisted code. Please help.

Thank you.

63085 Vertebral corpectomy (vertebral body resection), partial or complete, transthoracic approach with decompression of spinal cord and/or nerve root(s); thoracic, single segment

63086 Vertebral corpectomy (vertebral body resection), partial or complete, transthoracic approach with decompression of spinal cord and/or nerve root(s); thoracic, each additional segment (List separately in addition to code for primary procedure)

63087 Vertebral corpectomy (vertebral body resection), partial or complete, combined thoracolumbar approach with decompression of spinal cord, cauda equina or nerve root(s), lower thoracic or lumbar; single segment

63088 Vertebral corpectomy (vertebral body resection), partial or complete, combined thoracolumbar approach with decompression of spinal cord, cauda equina or nerve root(s), lower thoracic or lumbar; each additional segment (List separately in addition to cod

63090 Vertebral corpectomy (vertebral body resection), partial or complete, transperitoneal or retroperitoneal approach with decompression of spinal cord, cauda equina or nerve root(s), lower thoracic, lumbar, or sacral; single segment

63091 Vertebral corpectomy (vertebral body resection), partial or complete, transperitoneal or retroperitoneal approach with decompression of spinal cord, cauda equina or nerve root(s), lower thoracic, lumbar, or sacral; each additional segment (List separate

I happen to be on a audio-webinar today and thought I would present your question to the Spine Line. Personally, I have never heard of a percutaneous corpectomy. Per the Spine Line, it is unlikely that a corpectomy could be performed percutaneously. Due to the resection process, it was uncertain how this could be performed through this method. Are you able to post the op-note?