Wiki Percutaneous pinning of triplane fracture-ankle

RebeccaMoney

Expert
Best answers
My doctor gave me CPT 27828 only. That code is for a open treatment of weight bearing articular surface of both tibia and fibula. I've included the op note in hopes that someone can help me with this. I'm also seeing a AITF ligament repair which I was thinking 27698. Can anyone please help?
Thank you,

Attachments

• TRIPLANE FX.pdf
    51.9 KB · Views: 7
Reduction of the distal tibia fracture was accomplished with two procedures. One was perc, but the other was open. I would say that 27287 would be appropriate for the distal tibia reduction. I would also code the collateral ligament repair. Code 27698 would only be used if it were a secondary repair. Most of the time when you see that an external fixator is used. Since an external fixator was not used, this is most likely a primary repair: 27695.

Last edited:
Reduction of the distal tibia fracture was accomplished with two procedures. One was perc, but the other was open. I would say that 27287 would be appropriate for the distal tibia reduction. I would also code the collateral ligament repair. Code 27698 would only be used if it were a secondary repair. Most of the time when you see that an external fixator is used. Since an external fixator was not used, this is most likely a primary repair: 27695.
Thank you