Wiki Performing an audit on 3 provider practice

nrichard

Best answers
I'm planning on doing an audit for a OBGYN office with three providers, and I was wondering what percentage of my provider charts should I review, to get the most accurate data? I thought it was 5%, but I'm not sure.
Thanks in advance.

I'm planning on doing an audit for a OBGYN office with three providers, and I was wondering what percentage of my provider charts should I review, to get the most accurate data? I thought it was 5%, but I'm not sure.
Thanks in advance.

We generally based it on a number of charts per provider per specified time period, not so much a percentage. Depending on how much time the audit is meant to cover it could be anywhere from 10 to 30+ charts per provider.

We generally based it on a number of charts per provider per specified time period, not so much a percentage. Depending on how much time the audit is meant to cover it could be anywhere from 10 to 30+ charts per provider.

How long of a time period would be a good determination? Maybe 6 monts? One year?
These are strictly E&M documentation audits, for three providers.

I would not go back beyond 6 months as you want the current pattern the providers are in.

Michael Doyle, CPA, CPC-I
Badin Consulting LLC
142 Cable Neck Cove
New London, NC 28127
704-762-1250

12 Claret Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
585-261-9067