• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Pessary Change Help

melheffley

Networker
Best answers
Hello everyone, I want to see if anyone out there can help me with a couple of pessary change scenarios. We have had some mixed reviews on what kind of e/m levels we should be billing for simple changes. I have included 2 notes from our office, from 2 different providers. Please let me know what you think each one should be coded as. Thanks in advance!!

1- Pessary change, c/o irritation to vagina.
#3 pessary changed
Tri Sans weekly
Ring forceps to remove because of pain & tight
Instructions given
Return 2 months
No ulcerations

2- Pessary change.
Feeling myuch better today. NO vaginal complains. Denies any vaginal bleeding, odor, itching/burning or pain (mild, usually discomfort)
Exam: Normal discharge, no bleeding, no ulcerations, 3* vaginal vault prolapse
Assessment: 3* cystocele, 3* uterine prolapse
Plan: #6 pessary ring with knob cleaned & changed. Will order a second one to change out/spare.
Recommend: Continue Estrace Vaginal Cream externally 2x week.
RTC 2mo & PRN

Jessjosephlee

Contributor
Best answers
Pessaries

Did you ever get an answer? I need an answer to your question so bad I to am getting mixed reviews and my question is the same as yours.....If you did will you email me or call...thanks
Jessica Cates, CPC