Wiki PFSH acceptable or not acceptable

msawyer

Contributor
Best answers
I've been told you are not to accept reviewed and noncontributory for family history by itself or together unless it specify its to present illness or to HPI. I know it a grey area but I need to know if its acceptable or not just to have it say reviewed and noncontributory as I am certified in CPC CRC CEMC I believe that its unacceptable . But my manager said they have askmueller and they are telling them its ok I have asked supercoder and they told me to contact insurance co in my area ( since most don't accept noncontributory ) but questionable about both together . I have tried to contact insurance with no success.

I am a new coder, recently passed internal audits on E/M. Your question popped up in our discussions with E/M educators. They also had different answers but after all, the decision was 'to accept' such statement without mentioning the condition as long as they use the word' noncontributory.' If this word is replaced with another word, then mentioning the condition is required.