Wiki PH and Impedence Study

meg0630

Best answers
I am 99% sure I have been billing this correct all along, but I have a physician that is suggesting I should be coding the procedures differently.:rolleyes: Our office only bills the professional component.

How should the professional interpretation of a manometry and a 24 hour impedence be billed?

The local hospital places the manometry catheter for the manometry study. The same day a PH/Impendence monitor is placed for data. The catheter is removed the next day upon the patient's return.

1. On what day should the manometry and the PH/Impedence be billed?
2. What code(s) should our office be billing?

I am 99% sure I have been billing this correct all along, but I have a physician that is suggesting I should be coding the procedures differently.:rolleyes: Our office only bills the professional component.

How should the professional interpretation of a manometry and a 24 hour impedence be billed?

The local hospital places the manometry catheter for the manometry study. The same day a PH/Impendence monitor is placed for data. The catheter is removed the next day upon the patient's return.

1. On what day should the manometry and the PH/Impedence be billed?
2. What code(s) should our office be billing?

1. The date of service is the date of the test, not the date of the reading.

2. Look at CPT 91038. If you are doing the interpretation only, use a 26 modifier.