Wiki Phone Call with Probation Officer

Angelaw1

Best answers
I have an NP who spoke to a patient's Probation Officer over the phone and billed CPT code 99447- interprofessional consult, 11-20 minutes. I am thinking this does not qualify, as the P.O wouldn't be considered "interprofessional", correct? I advised him that a written report would have needed to be included as well. I was thinking it could be considered interactive complexity. Any thoughts or recommendations would be much appreciated!

Hi there,
Yes, you're correct. The guidelines for the interprofessional codes make it clear the service is similar to the traditional consult which must be requested by a physician or QHP, etc.

Was the conversation related to an office E/M visit? Depending on the circumstances you might be able to use the discussion with a parole officer to calculate data review.

Hi there,
Yes, you're correct. The guidelines for the interprofessional codes make it clear the service is similar to the traditional consult which must be requested by a physician or QHP, etc.

Was the conversation related to an office E/M visit? Depending on the circumstances you might be able to use the discussion with a parole officer to calculate data review.
Thank you so much for your response, yes the call was related to an office E&M visit, the patient had just presented for an intake on the recommendation of the Probation Officer