Wiki PHQ and GAD

harpermmb

Contributor
Best answers
I am not getting reimbursed for these tests done at the counselors office. I and using 96127. Is there another CPT code for counselors? That is what I use for family practice and it gets paid.

What type of "counselor" are you talking about?

That code is designed to be used in a general medical office, not a behavioral health office, although technically, anyone can bill it. It could be that the mental health benefit considers it excluded from that benefit or inclusive to the work of psychotherapy.

What type of "counselor" are you talking about?

That code is designed to be used in a general medical office, not a behavioral health office, although technically, anyone can bill it. It could be that the mental health benefit considers it excluded from that benefit or inclusive to the work of psychotherapy.
LPC

I am not getting reimbursed for these tests done at the counselors office. I and using 96127. Is there another CPT code for counselors? That is what I use for family practice and it gets paid.
Were you ever able to figure out why your office wasn't getting reimbursed for the 96127 CPT? Does the denial state information is missing?