Wiki Physical Therapy G-codes

msrainbird

Networker
Best answers
One of my providers is seeing Medicare patients and I would love to communicate with someone who has knowledge of how to bill the G-codes.

physical therapy G codes

Hello,

I came across your post and was wondering what kind of questions do you have? I work for a family health center that has PT/OT. I do the billing for this department.

Let me know and I can try and help as much as possible.

Julie

Hi Elizabeth, I am sorry for the late response, but I have been out of the office. I appreciate your message. I have been helping a friend out with her PT billing for awhile but now they are accepting Medicare and I hate to admit but I am lost with it. As long as they are established I have had no problems but now with new patients coming in I am not sure how to bill out the first visit (97001) Do I use 97001 and then the next line a G code? How do I know which G code to use? Is there a charge for the G codes? I believe I also have to use a G code when the therapy is finished, is this correct?
I truly appreciate any help you could send my way.

Tammy
rainbirdbilling@yahoo.com

Hi Julie, I am sorry for the late response, but I have been out of the office. I appreciate your message. I have been helping a friend out with her PT billing for awhile but now they are accepting Medicare and I hate to admit but I am lost with it. As long as they are established I have had no problems but now with new patients coming in I am not sure how to bill out the first visit (97001) Do I use 97001 and then the next line a G code? How do I know which G code to use? Is there a charge for the G codes? I believe I also have to use a G code when the therapy is finished, is this correct?
I truly appreciate any help you could send my way.