Wiki Physical Therapy

jeslowery

New
Best answers
Hi,
I have recently started coding Physical Therapy for a large practice. This is a new position so there are not many resources available to me.
Currently I am having trouble understanding what all falls under 97530 vs 97110 vs 97112.
The Director of PT has given me a bit of insight, but with the director having a clinical background and I do not, I still find myself questioning a lot of things.
This is what the Director has told me..
97530 – (activities ending in ing) running, pushing, pulling. Use of dynamic activities to improve functional performance. Examples: running progression, court sport specific exercise, work simulation ex, agility gym, jump training.
97110 –Therapeutic exercise to develop strength & endurance, range of motion & flexibility. Examples: leg press, pulleys, ankle TB, shoulder TB, lumbar bridging, wrist pron/sup with free wt., manual stretching for flexibility/ROM, PROM. 1 or more areas.

Can anyone offer webinars, articles, meetings, or conferences to read that will help me understand the codes a little better.
Any knowledge you have regarding PT would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!