Wiki Physical Therapy

Best answers
Physical Therapy is using CPT code, 99211 for dressing changes I do not see where you can use this CPT code, for a dressing change. Thank You

99211 can be used to report a dressing done in conjunction with evaluation of a wound when performed ‘incident to’ a physician’s plan of care. It’s often used this way in wound care centers.

If this is being done in a facility by hospital-employed therapists acting on physician orders, it’s fine, since the code will be billed only by the facility. If it’s in an office, then it needs meet all of the ‘incident to’ requirements, including that the therapists be employed and supervised by the physicians. Therapists may not independently bill for this service.

Thank You but the patient didn't come in for wound care they came in for Physical Therapy on a TKA and the Therapist not wound care, did a dressing change only, that is why I'm questioning it.

Thank You but the patient didn't come in for wound care they came in for Physical Therapy on a TKA and the Therapist not wound care, did a dressing change only, that is why I'm questioning it.
Was the dressing change ordered by the physician and performed under physician supervision (if not performed in a facility)? If not, then the 99211 cannot be billed.