Wiki Physical Therapy.

Brandy0618

Guru
Best answers
Good evening. Has anyone heard of codes for chart review? Or maybe completion of charting. Referring to physical therapist reviewing the PTA documentation? Our administrator has asked me about this. I was unsure and was not aware of any. He believes there are. I also wanted to know about our therapist being able to charge for removal of sutures that were placed by a physician. Are we able to do this and be reimbursed?

Thank you for any advice. :)

Good evening. Has anyone heard of codes for chart review? Or maybe completion of charting. Referring to physical therapist reviewing the PTA documentation? Our administrator has asked me about this. I was unsure and was not aware of any. He believes there are. I also wanted to know about our therapist being able to charge for removal of sutures that were placed by a physician. Are we able to do this and be reimbursed?

Thank you for any advice. :)

Reviewing PTA documentation is part of the PT's role as the supervising provider. Any payment received for services rendered by the PTA should include PT's supervision, as the PTA cannot perform & bill for those services independently.

From the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners:

§322.2. Role Delineation.
(a) The role of the PT.
(1) The PT holds primary responsibility for physical therapy care rendered under his supervision.
(2) The PT’s professional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
(A) Performance and documentation of the initial physical therapy examination and evaluation of the patient;
(B) Interpretation of the practitioner's referral;
(C) Development and documentation of a plan of care;
(D) Implementation of, or directing implementation of, the plan of care;
(E) Delegation of tasks to appropriate personnel;
(F) Direction and supervision of the PTA and physical therapy aide;
(G) Completion and accuracy of the patient's physical therapy record;

(H) Performance and documentation of the reexamination and reevaluation of the patient as described in this section; and when necessary, modification of the plan of care;
(I) Discharge of a patient or discontinuation of treatment;
(J) Development of any follow-up plan for the patient; and
(K) Collaboration with members of the health care team when appropriate.
(3) The PT shall not implement any plan of care that, in his judgment, is contraindicated.

Reviewing PTA documentation is part of the PT's role as the supervising provider. Any payment received for services rendered by the PTA should include PT's supervision, as the PTA cannot perform & bill for those services independently.

(a) The role of the PT.
(1) The PT holds primary responsibility for physical therapy care rendered under his supervision.
(A) Performance and documentation of the initial physical therapy examination and evaluation of the patient;

(H) Performance and documentation of the reexamination and reevaluation of the patient as described in this section; and when necessary, modification of the plan of care;
(3) The PT shall not implement any plan of care that, in his judgment, is contraindicated.
Thank you for your help. Can we charge for removal of sutures?

(a) The role of the PT.

Good morning, I'm in Ohio and looking for information about physical therapy being billed under the supervising physical therapist. Would you be ablet to point me in the correct direction? Thank you!