Placement of intraarticular Hickman catheter

tbensonite

Best answers
Good morning. I'm hoping somebody can lead me to the correct code for this procedure. The physician did an "open irrigation and debridement of total hip replacement"(for chronic infections). He also did the placement of antibiotic-laden cement spacer and the Placement of intra-articular Hickman catheter". I have searched high and low and I am at a complete loss. I'm really hoping someone can help me out. Thank you in advance for your time.

Well I can try to lead you in the right direction although I don't have my cci edits with me to know whether they can be billed together or what modifers you would need
27030 ? arthrotomy for debridement of infection
11981 is the code we use for the spacers
36556 is the code that we use for the Hickman depending on whether or not there is a port

hope this helps

I picked the same for the first 2 codes and I almost decided on the 36556 as well but it is for a venous catheter. This intra articular appears to go directly into the joint capsule and I must have spent 2 hours researching the procedure in order to find the definitive code. I don't have my cci edits here either but I'm wondering if a catheter is bundled into 27030 as well. I will check it out to be sure.
Thank you so very much for your time and research. At least I am on the right track so far:D