Wiki Plastics and Dermatology

CKindred

Contributor
Best answers
Our dermatologist is new to our office, she's been here for about 3 months and I'm just now able to bill for her. I've only been at this practice for 8 months.

On 09/30/14 a plastic surgeon excised a malignant lesion from the cheek of a patient. On the exact same day (30mins later) the dermatologist performed a destruction of a an actinic keratosis. Can I bill for both of these if they're provided by 2 different physicians at the same practice on the same day?

Also, there are times when a surgeon will excise a lesion and then the dermatologist will consult on patient for a similar reason. How can I bill for this?

Thanks in advance

Need help with op report

pre-op dx: rt inguinal mass, post op dx: rt inguinal mass, likely benign
pocedure summary: an inguinal incision was made in rt side, dissection was carried down through skin and subcutaneous tissues around the notable mass in the subcutaneous tissue. i had to go a little wider to excise the mass in its entirety and clean yellow fat margins were noted circumferencially around the lesion. it appeared to be some what necrotic in the center, but appears to be benign. hemostasis achieved throught the incision. the subcutaneous fascial layers were closed using interrupted 2-0 chromic sutures. The skin was closed using subcuticular 4-0 vicryl.
path report dx: epidermal inclusive cyst
dimensions of lesion: 2*1.8*1.7 cm , length of closure: 5cm