Wiki Please hele me ASAP..

pratap82

Networker
Best answers
Hi All,

I am a certified medical coder from INDIA, I have been asked by AAPC for verification of CEU's which I have already submitted.This is the first year of my CEU submission,hence, I don't know that the CEU's which was awarded before the date of my certification is not valid.I have submitted 16.5 CEU's out of which 8 CEU's are from the date before which I got certified, Hence I was told by the AAPC customer care that it was not valid.

Now, AAPC has asked me to send the scanned copy of the CEU's, Can you please tell me whether they are asking the same documents which I already submitted, even though it is invalid.Can I go and take some new CEU's and submit them now as my due date is 073109, but the CEU tracker is closed for me to submit the CEU's now for this particular year,

What CAN I do, I don't have too much time to wait for the replies, Please reply me ASAP as I don't want to lose on my well earned certification..

Regards,
:(

Call them...

AAPC customer service is pretty good. They would let u know right away. They wouldn't accept the credits before your certification as far as I know. There are different easy and quick ways to get CEUs before your deadline.

Good luck...

Once you login on to the AAPC Site down at the bottom there are issues of Coding Edge and Edgeblast, they have short test that you can take to get CEU'S that is how I got most of mine.

Kimberly CPC

As that your CEU tracker be UNLOCKEd

You might start by asking AAPC if they can UNLOCK your CEU tracker .. it's locked because you submitted the CEUs already.

OR .. take your additional CEU credits (for example the Edgeblast or Coding Edge exams) ... print out the certificates (hardcopy); then scan them and send them to AAPC via email ... or fax them in.

Hope that helps.

As an aside and a caution to everyone... it's important that you read carefully the terms of your certification and the requirements for continued education credits.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC