Wiki please help me figure out my error coding an arteriovenous malformation

Best answers
The diagnosis includes "Arteriovenous malformation with severe primary osteoarthritis of the right hip." For the arteriovenous malformation, I coded Q27.32, "Arteriovenous malformation of vessel of lower limb." The correct answer in the rationale is Q27.30, "Arteriovenous malformation, site unspecified."

The only thing I can guess is that I wasn't supposed to assume the arteriovenous malformation was in the right hip with the osteoarthritis, and I did. I still think it is the right hip--where else would it be? And the hip is part of the lower limb, isn't it? Why should I code unspecified?

The diagnosis includes "Arteriovenous malformation with severe primary osteoarthritis of the right hip." For the arteriovenous malformation, I coded Q27.32, "Arteriovenous malformation of vessel of lower limb." The correct answer in the rationale is Q27.30, "Arteriovenous malformation, site unspecified."

The only thing I can guess is that I wasn't supposed to assume the arteriovenous malformation was in the right hip with the osteoarthritis, and I did. I still think it is the right hip--where else would it be? And the hip is part of the lower limb, isn't it? Why should I code unspecified?
As coders, we may not assume. The AVM location was not indicated making the unspecified code correct.