Wiki please help with this finger surgery and I&D

Justarose

Best answers
I think : 11760 816.02 ??

What am I missing ?? :confused: Please help - thank you all so much !

The left upper extremity once prepped, the tourniquet was placed around the proximal phalanx of the index finger with a Penrose drain. At this point, the amputated part was debrided of its devitalized tissue and the nail plate had what appeared to be reasonable sterile matrix still attached to the plate. At this point, we cauterized the bone to ensure that there was no bleeding and then affixed the nail plate with the sterile matrix using this as a composite graft sewn to the native sterile matrix with 6-0 plain gut sutures. This appeared to approximate the nail plate near anatomically and with the bone now covered, soft tissue was mobilized over the eponychial fold to close the defect.

Take a look at 11762

The plain English description states, "The physician repairs a damaged nail bed with a graft. After cleaning the nail bed, the physician preps the area for a graft. The graft is obtained and sutured to the site...." 2009 Plain English Descriptions for Procedures - contexo media
I think that code describes the procedure - my opinion, of course - hope that helped! Have a good day :)

I'm leaning towards a traumatic amputation....but there really isnt enough info in that note...can you query the doc on this? If it is, he will need to add a tad bit more to the op note in order to consider the use of 26951