Wiki Polp/tag from prolapsed rectum

nabernhardt

Best answers
I used anesthetic injected into the area using a little low strength Marcaine to anesthetize the area. The area was then exposed. I used a suture to attempt to try to
tie the tag off, however, the material was exceedingly friable, however the tag was removed. I used both a disposable heat cautery as well as silver nitrate sticks to cauterize the area that was oozing. I then used Xeroform with a 4 x 4 to reduce the prolapsed rectum which reduced easily and packed with the Xeroform and 4 x 4s. The patient was then monitored. She remained stable for us. There was no more oozing from the rectum. I did send the specimen off for pathology. In addition, this was all done with the consent of the patient. She did receive a total of 100 mcg of fentanyl and 0.5 mg of Ativan during the procedure and tolerated this well.

could I possibly use 45190? or would this have to be included in the E/M as no procedure code for this?
thanks

I used anesthetic injected into the area using a little low strength Marcaine to anesthetize the area. The area was then exposed. I used a suture to attempt to try to
tie the tag off, however, the material was exceedingly friable, however the tag was removed. I used both a disposable heat cautery as well as silver nitrate sticks to cauterize the area that was oozing. I then used Xeroform with a 4 x 4 to reduce the prolapsed rectum which reduced easily and packed with the Xeroform and 4 x 4s. The patient was then monitored. She remained stable for us. There was no more oozing from the rectum. I did send the specimen off for pathology. In addition, this was all done with the consent of the patient. She did receive a total of 100 mcg of fentanyl and 0.5 mg of Ativan during the procedure and tolerated this well.

could I possibly use 45190? or would this have to be included in the E/M as no procedure code for this?
thanks

Basically destruction of a lesion so I would look at 46924.

thank you for your response. I agree about the destruction but was wandering since the 46924 is for lesion of the anus and this was in the rectum. Would that still be ok?