Wiki polydactyly

gcohen

Guru
Best answers
child had performed during office visit. One provider did exam, another did the procedure. How do I bill this? 2 encounters with modifier 79 on second provider with CPT 11200, Level 11 modifier for the specific digits?

I'm trying to make sense of this. 79 modifier would indicate it is in global of another procedure? You shouldn't need any digit/laterality modifier for 11200. Not sure what you mean by level 11 modifier?

If it is not in global of another procedure and patient had E/M with first provider and procedure 11200 with second provider, you should only need modifier 25 on the E/M.

I'm trying to make sense of this. 79 modifier would indicate it is in global of another procedure? You shouldn't need any digit/laterality modifier for 11200. Not sure what you mean by level 11 modifier?

If it is not in global of another procedure and patient had E/M with first provider and procedure 11200 with second provider, you should only need modifier 25 on the E/M.
ok, what about the 2nd provider. one did the office visit, another did the procedure