Wiki POS for Well Visit performed at Work

alwyzjazzephae

Contributor
Best answers
My physician performs annual well visits for the employees of a company at the work site. I assumed POS code 18 would be sufficient, however, it says to use no later than 05/01/2013. Is this POS code still billable? If not would the proper POS be 99?

My physician performs annual well visits for the employees of a company at the work site. I assumed POS code 18 would be sufficient, however, it says to use no later than 05/01/2013. Is this POS code still billable? If not would the proper POS be 99?

The descriptor for POS 18 states "A location, not described by any other POS code, owned or operated by a public or private entity where the patient is employed, and where a health professional provides on-going or episodic occupational medical, therapeutic or rehabilitative services to the individual. (This code is available for use effective January 1, 2013 but no later than May 1, 2013)" so it appears that it's no longer valid.

When you say the visits are done at a "work site", what type of work site is this?