Wiki POSITIVE MATERNAL FETAL PREECLAMPSIA T1 SCREENING

Best answers
HELLO!
TRYING TO FIGURE OUT PROPER CODING FOR A POSITIVE MATERNAL FETAL PREECLAMPSIA T1 SCREENING W/ PT AT 19 WKS PREGNANT. NO OTHER SPECIFIC DX OR HX TO CODE....LOOKING FOR HELP!! THANK YOU!

What is the service your are coding for and what was the reason documented that this service took place? Are you coding for the screening test itself or for some visit or procedure that took place as a result of the positive test?

I am coding for a high risk maternal and fetal medicine facility. I am looking for an ICD code to possibly add on to a primary O code (chapter 15). Pt tested positive for Maternal Fetal Preeclampsia T1 at a prior exam. Results were reviewed at this exam (Detailed Anatomy Ultrasound). The results state: Increased Risk for preeclamosia. No actual dx of preeclampsia.

ok great. That's kind of what I was thinking. The other option I was considering was O26.89 Other specified pregnancy related conditions and I was trying to find a secondary code such as positive result possibly an R code, but nothing seemed to fit for what I wanted. Original thought was O28.8. I just didn't like that it said "Abnormal finding" when she's just at an increased risk.