Wiki Post operative period for self pay

Best answers
I need something in writing that says yes you can bill for post operative care during a global period for self pay patients or no you can not bill for post operative care for self pay patients. It seems unethical to bill a self pay patient for a charge you would not bill for and insured patient but I can not prove it.
thanks

I need something in writing that says yes you can bill for post operative care during a global period for self pay patients or no you can not bill for post operative care for self pay patients. It seems unethical to bill a self pay patient for a charge you would not bill for and insured patient but I can not prove it.
thanks

You already have something in writing, in your CPT book at the beginning of the surgery section it gives you the "definition" of the surgical package, and it includes "typical postoperative follow-up care". The global is a CPT rule not a payor rule. Payment for post op care is included in the surgical fee, you would technically be double billing them, they are already paying for post-op care in the surgery fee.

thank you. I knew that i had read it but I could not remember where. If i don't have it in black and white i may as well be talking to a brick wall.
thanks agin.