Wiki Posterior tendon tear

codedog

True Blue
Best answers
Patient had a open repair of left posterior tibial tendon. Diaagnosis code said it was an ankle posterior tibial tendon tear.
DOC office book it as cpt code 28238- reconstruction , posterior tibial tendon with excsion of accesory tarasal navicular bone.
operative report says

A curvillinear incision was made over the posterior tibial tendon. Care was taken to protect neurocascular structures. The sheath was opened and a great deal of synovial fluid came from the tendon sheath. The patient had erythema and longitudinal tears at the level of the medial malleolus. A curette was used to scrape the intratendinous inflammation. Synovectomy was performed. A 2-0 Herculon suture was used and weaved in interrupted fashion up and down the posterior tibiial tendon, and 5-0 vicryl tidy stitch was used to smooth the longitudinal pairs opening. a good repair was obtained. The wound was irrigatedand tourniquet was released. This is most of the operative report--besides the closures- bad typing on my half

Now I dont see anywhere where an excision of tarsal navicular bone was done, but I cant find a cpt code for this procedure, besides what DOC ooffice gave me . Any ideas ?