Wiki PQRS 397 Melanoma

bbooks

Best answers
Does this qualify for G9428? I'm thinking no because there is no specific notation of pT. Comments, please!

Tumor Site: Right back

Histologic Type: Superficial spreading

Anatomic (Clark's) Level: II - focal III

Breslow Depth: 0.43 mm

Host Response: Brisk

Tumor Regression: Focal superficial dermal regression present

Mitotic Rate: 0/mm2

Growth Phase: Early vertical

Microscopic Satellitosis: Not identified

Ulceration: Not identified

Lymphovascular Invasion: Not identified

Perineural Invasion: Not identified

Margins: Peripheral and deep margins widely free

Co-existing nevus: Not identified

I tend to agree with you; although all the other elements are there, the pT category is not explicitly mentioned. Can you get the doc to add it on?
I know our staff uses a template, so it's easy to plug in all the required elements.
Megan

Thanks for weighing in. I appreciate that!

My pathologists also use a template which includes all the PQRS elements. In this case, the final diagnosis, including the synopsis, was provided by an outside consultant. Can my pathologist add the pT, or would that have to be done by the consultant?

Thanks for weighing in. I appreciate that!

My pathologists also use a template which includes all the PQRS elements. In this case, the final diagnosis, including the synopsis, was provided by an outside consultant. Can my pathologist add the pT, or would that have to be done by the consultant?

Shoot, I would imagine with our experience, we could do it!! just kidding. ;) My thought is that your pathologist could add it based on the information given. Have a nice weekend!