Wiki PQRS Reporting Appeal Denials??

j04gilbert

Best answers
We received notification from CMS stating we are getting the 2% reduction for 2017 because we did not submit PQRS data for 2015. We did submit our data and tried to file an appeal through the PQRS Helpdesk. The appeal was automatically denied without review. I am wondering if there are others out there that have experienced the same problem getting your appeals heard. Any help would be much appreciated.

Individual EPs, designated support staff/vendors, and group practices that believe they have been incorrectly assessed the 2017 PQRS negative payment adjustment may request to have an informal review of their PQRS reporting performance. To request an informal review, visit the Physician and Other Health Care Professionals Quality Reporting Portal, then select “Communication Support Page” under “Related Links” in the upper left navigation pane. In the drop down menu, select “Informal Review Request” and choose the appropriate option.

https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/PQRS/AnalysisAndPayment.html

We filled out the request for Informal Review and immediately received a denial. I called the PQRS help desk and was told that the only thing we could do was to fill out the request. The receptionist stated I could try again. I tried it again and was able to actually be assigned a case number. Two days later I received a denial in the mail. They basically will not even look at my appeal.