Wiki Practice Management System suggestions

shellip

Networker
Best answers
Hello - Single physician practice is currently looking for an alternative/new practice managnement system. any suggestions?

Which system are you currently using? Also, when you use the term "practice management system," are you looking for one which combines EMRs along with the financial/patient communication aspects involved or something more for just the financial aspects?

I have worked with multiple systems and like NexTech the best for billing/ledger aspect. It's user friendly and I like that it I could print out more detailed info from ledger if I had to fight timely filing on a paper claim.
I dislike Compulink the most for billing/ledger. Compulink also requires that you use Change Healthcare as the clearing house, which would be fine if we were permitted to contact Change Healthcare directly when we are having issues, but we have to contact Compulink who then contacts Change Healthcare. We also have had a lot of issues with claims not going out with Compulink and us not being able to see that the claims never left the system. Regarding fighting timely filing on paper claims, it's useless. The only info that shows a claim went by papers, is a letter "P" next to the date we printed the claim. Insurance doesn't see this as enough proof. Also, each updated causes more issues.

I don't work for either of the PM systems. Figured I should mention that :)