Wiki Practicodes

cyndizz34

Best answers
I just past my CPC exam a few weeks ago and then purchased the Practicodes thinking they would help me get practice. However, I find myself frustrated because of the explanations giving for the correct answers. There are none. There needs to be better explanations for the answers then the same paragraph over and over again.

FRUSTRATED and getting very discouraged and I have 585 more to go.

Me too

I am about 30 charts in and can't get the E/M code correct for the life of me. I have used their calculator, hand wrote using 97 guild lines, and followed on the internet but my answer still comes out different. I don't what to do.

just wanted to check in with you

How are you doing with your cases? I have done 170 and am finally getting the E/M codes better. Not perfect but better. What kind of average percentage do you have? I am at 69.97 right now. I don't know if that is good but I am saying yes. lol I did come across a case where I coded history for colon cancer and it was marked wrong. I sent a feedback asking why because the guide lines say different and today I received an email letting me know that I was correct and should not have missed that.

Hope you are doing well on it.

Cynthia

I'm struggling with Practicode because it's not giving me a good explanation on why i'm getting the answer wrong. I too feel like it's marking some of my answers wrong when they're right! This troubles me because i think you have to score a 70% or higher on the assesments to get the "A" removed from your certification, do you know if this is correct?

Codes

You do have to pass the assessments with at least 70%. I took my first one last week and some of them are repeats. I passed. I did find out that if you have any questions about the answers you can ask your question through the feedback button and they will respond back to you. I have used it several times and they do come back with a few days. Also, I have found some errors on their part and asked about it. So it is good to use and has helped me.