• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We’re introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

pre and post tee..... PLEASE HELP!!

mmiciano

Contributor
Best answers
I am having trouble on getting this service paid. Is anyone successful on getting it paid. I am billing 93312 for pre and 93314 for post w/ mod 76. I see why payer are bundling it, but the physician doesn't re-insert the probe for post since he did not take it out after he did the pre (according to him). The 93312 is getting paid without a problem. Is any one using other codes?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

deeva456

Expert
Best answers
In our practice we would bill the post op TEE with 93314-26 and never rec'd payment so we stopped billing 93314-26. According to CCI edits, 93314 is bundled with 93312 and cannot be billed using a modifier. Check your LCD with you local Medicare payer, it should provide additional information about billing TEE's.

Dolores, CPC-CCC