Wiki pre-op/post-op minutes

katiejeanne

Best answers
Hello all!

I posted this in another forum too, but thought it applied here as well and maybe get some more opinions on this topic.
Our billing manager is thinking we should be billing for minutes during pre-op/intra-op/and post-op for surgeries. Does anyone out there do anything like this? I have heard of billing for recovery time but do not know the stipulations of this. Right now we are just billing the CPT code for the procedure and the anesthesiologist, I have never heard of billing additional codes for the minutes...Any thoughts on this??

Thanks in advance!
Katie :confused:

Hello all!

I posted this in another forum too, but thought it applied here as well and maybe get some more opinions on this topic.
Our billing manager is thinking we should be billing for minutes during pre-op/intra-op/and post-op for surgeries. Does anyone out there do anything like this? I have heard of billing for recovery time but do not know the stipulations of this. Right now we are just billing the CPT code for the procedure and the anesthesiologist, I have never heard of billing additional codes for the minutes...Any thoughts on this??

Thanks in advance!
Katie :confused:

Pre-op, intra-op, and post-op time is already built into codes and cannot be billed in addition.