Wiki Pregnancy coding

Best answers
I'm a bit baffled by this, the book states there are three codes necessary.

Postop DX: Complicated pregnancy with prior cesarean sections.

Procedure: Amnio for fetal lung maturity.

Other info: Patient 38 1/2 weeks. 2 prior C/S and hospitalizations for recurrent episodes of pyelonephritis.

I have code V23.49, but other than that I'm baffled.

Can anyone provide insight into what else needs coded without actually providing the code?

Thanks!

With the information you have given I would code 659.83, 654.23, and 75.1.

Hope this helps!

LS

With the information you have given I would code 659.83, 654.23, and 75.1.

Hope this helps!

LS

LS,

Actually no, it doesn't.

It is not inpatient so the 75.1 would not apply. The baby wasn't delivered during this visit, so how would 659.83 apply in this scenario? I think I see it, but I'm not sure, so if you could explain, that might help me understand. I know I need the V code because we are provided a hint. So it is one of the 3 DX codes I need.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear the first time that it was 3 DX codes, I guess I just assumed since I was asking in the DX forum it would be understood. My apologies, and I appreciate the effort to assist.

Thanks!

LS,

Actually no, it doesn't.

It is not inpatient so the 75.1 would not apply. The baby wasn't delivered during this visit, so how would 659.83 apply in this scenario? I think I see it, but I'm not sure, so if you could explain, that might help me understand. I know I need the V code because we are provided a hint. So it is one of the 3 DX codes I need.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear the first time that it was 3 DX codes, I guess I just assumed since I was asking in the DX forum it would be understood. My apologies, and I appreciate the effort to assist.

Thanks!

I agree with you the codes above do not really work since this is not the delivery episode.. I would go with
Pregnancy complicated by genitourinary infection which then gives you the diseases classifiable to. Since this is a chapter 11 code it must be first listed and requires a secondary code for the infection of pyelnephritis which is neither acute nor chronic
the use your V23.49, as it can be first or additional. Sorry I edited this as I first supplied the codes and then saw where you want ed only the logic.

I am not sure it is correct but given the information provided that is what i would use

Last edited: