Wiki Pressor Support

cpccoder2008

True Blue
Best answers
I just started coding for a very huge hospital in California and I'm not too familiar with all the procedures they want me to pick up. At my old hospital a lot of this stuff was "hard coded" meaning the nurses would make it off on the charge sheet and someone in another department would verify it. The only problem I'm having is Septic Shock patients who are given pressor support. I am being told I need to pic these procedures up and then I was told two different codes 89.67 and 00.17. Can someone please explain this to me and give me a little more information ?

Thanks

00.17 - infusion of vasopressor agent
Vasopressors are used in the treatment of shock, which is a state of inadequate tissue perfusion due to abnormally low systemic blood pressure.Vasopressors act primarily by causing the arteries of the body to constrict, thereby raising blood pressure. They are administered via temporary, continuous intravenous infusion - Dobutamine, Dopamine, Epinephrine, Ephedrine, Isoproterenol, Methoxamine, Norepinephrine, Phenylephrine, and Vasopressin.

hope this may help you.