Wiki Presumptive drug screen clarification

metzger130

Networker
Best answers
we are going to start and do presumptive drug screens and I have a couple of questions. The drugs that are going to be tested are in both class A and B. So would I bill both 80301 and 80302? Also, when 80302 says "each procedure" what does that mean? Does that mean per drug in that class or does it mean something else?

I do know that we will be billing the G0479 once for Medicare and others that want the G code.

Thank you very much

Rob

we are going to start and do presumptive drug screens and I have a couple of questions. The drugs that are going to be tested are in both class A and B. So would I bill both 80301 and 80302? Also, when 80302 says "each procedure" what does that mean? Does that mean per drug in that class or does it mean something else?

I do know that we will be billing the G0479 once for Medicare and others that want the G code.

Thank you very much

Rob

80301 will cover the entire List A. Bill 80302 once for each drug tested in list B.

80301 will cover the entire List A. Bill 80302 once for each drug tested in list B.

When you say "each drug tested" does that mean If they test for 7 Synthetic Cannabinoids it is 7 units or is it drug class meaning only 1 unit no matter how many cannabinoids they test for?

When you say "each drug tested" does that mean If they test for 7 Synthetic Cannabinoids it is 7 units or is it drug class meaning only 1 unit no matter how many cannabinoids they test for?

"Synthetic Cannabinoids is a single entry in list B, so you would only be able to count those as a single test, but if you also do Gabapentin (for example), then you could bill two units.