Wiki Procainamide challenge-I am having

denisek1028

Networker
Best answers
I am having a hard time finding a correct CPT code for this test. One of my cardiologists is performing these in the hospital to rule out Brugada syndrome. He is using 93015, but not sure this is correct. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

93015 is a stress test, I found this online, see if this helps ***If the physician performs this study in the hospital, you would not need a procedure code because it would not be separately billable. The test you describe is an IV infusion along with electrocardiogram monitoring. Most likely, you would include the testing service as a part of any E/M services provided to the patient on that day - for example, an inpatient consultation (99251-99255.) You could report the ECG interpretation and report (93010) separately if the cardiologist generates a report. **

93015 is a stress test, I found this online, see if this helps ***If the physician performs this study in the hospital, you would not need a procedure code because it would not be separately billable. The test you describe is an IV infusion along with electrocardiogram monitoring. Most likely, you would include the testing service as a part of any E/M services provided to the patient on that day - for example, an inpatient consultation (99251-99255.) You could report the ECG interpretation and report (93010) separately if the cardiologist generates a report. **

What if the DR is not doing any E/M service that day?