Wiki Project Xtern

Recommend Project Xtern?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1bipapmask

Best answers
I have inquired about an xternship and have not received a reply, either. I received my CPC-A in August, '11. I'll email every Project Xtern in NC and see if I get a response. Hopefully just a fluke.

I have inquired about an xternship and have not received a reply, either. I received my CPC-A in August, '11. I'll email every Project Xtern in NC and see if I get a response. Hopefully just a fluke.

I have heard of other not getting responses from Project Xtern. Have you tried posting a question to Reed Pew on the AAPC website? You can contact him directly by clicking on his picture on the homepage.

ok so i like to help people. AAPC just lets the externship businesses use the website. They do not really know to my=uch about it. Hard to find it but here you go. You have to be an AAPC member. go to Forums and in the search bar type project xtern. ( I am attaching files so you can see what it looks like) You will see their logo (Project Xtern) click on the logo. Once you click on it you will look to the left and you will see (in green) Medical coding jobs. Now you are in the project Xtern site. To the right you will see to blue bars. Click on locate an extern site. The next page you put in your state.Then if there are any businesses offering xternship they will be listed. Click on the business and call them. AAPC is not involved. Tell them you found their information on the AAPC site and ask if they still offer the program. Underneath the business information you will see different forms. The first one explains the program. There is one that needs to be completed by the employer once you get your hours that they fill out and you need to send to AAPC for credit. Under apprentice there is information about removing the A. You upload the paperwork and once you have submitted all of the requirements AAPC removes the A. Also your schooling of 80 hrs or more is credited toward your A removal, but you need to submit a letter with the hours from your school. I hope this helps many people.

Attachments

• project xtern intro.jpg
    project xtern intro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • project xtern pg1.jpg
    project xtern pg1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
  • project xtern pg2.jpg
    project xtern pg2.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 13
  • project xtern pg3.jpg
    project xtern pg3.jpg