Proposed Medicare FFS 2023

Hi - When will Proposed Medicare FFS 2023 will released as Final version?

The Final Rule typically comes out in November each year.

There's a 60 day comment period after the Proposed Rule is released. That comment period has to pass before the final rule can be revised/implemented.

There also should be 60 days between the final rule and the Jan. 1 effective date but in the past 5 years or so CMS has started giving itself an exception. :D
Thank you - Another question on ---- Compare to Proposal Vs Final Version , What is probability on if all Proposed changes will transfer to Final version - meaning will all the changes will be transferred as mentioned in proposed bill or we can accept only few changes ?

Thank you - Another question on ---- Compare to Proposal Vs Final Version , What is probability on if all Proposed changes will transfer to Final version - meaning will all the changes will be transferred as mentioned in proposed bill or we can accept only few changes ?

It really just depends on the feedback CMS receives during the comment period. There's no way to predict.

If there's a significant about of valid negative feedback about part of a proposed rule, CMS could delay implementation or make a change to that section before it is finalized.

It really just depends on the feedback CMS receives during the comment period. There's no way to predict.

If there's a significant about of valid negative feedback about part of a proposed rule, CMS could delay implementation or make a change to that section before it is finalized.
Okay ! Thank you

I'd say there is zero chance that there will be no changes from the proposed to final rule. Or at least, I've never seen an exact transfer from proposed to final.

I'd say there is zero chance that there will be no changes from the proposed to final rule. Or at least, I've never seen an exact transfer from proposed to final.

I agree. There are often sections that go unchanged for specific services, but it would be unlikely that the entire proposed rule start to finish has no modifications.

It will vary from year to year how many sections get changed and how significant those changes will be. But you can anticipate at least some changes.