Wiki Psych Diagnosis?

veloso

Expert
Best answers
Hi,
What is the specific diagnosis in ICD 10 that replaced ICD 9/V70.0 Psych Evaluation? We are trying to bill the Initial Psych Evaluation.

Thank you,
IM

V70.0 in 9 is just a routine medical examination. This type of diagnosis would not normally justify medical necessity for a psychiatric evaluation for most payers in my experience. However, the converted code for ICD 10 is Z00 heading which is Encounter for general examination without complaint, suspected or reported diagnosis with either abnormal findings Z700.01 or without abnormal findings Z700.00 or as aciardelli stated Z700.08 which correlates to Encounter for general examination without complaint, suspected or reported diagnosis, Encounter for other general examination.
I can't imagine a payer picking up coverage for this but that would be the coding as far as I can tell.

Are they presenting with any symptoms or complaints? Did you diagnose the patient? You would use that for the DX. I would not use F60.9 if the patient has not been diagnosed with a personality disorder.

Last edited: