Wiki Psych testing questions

Expert
Best answers
1) If the docs send home forms(Connors teacher/parent rating scale) for the parents/school to fill out and the parents bring them back in and they are either hand scored or the computer scores them and then the providers look over them and do their write up on them, how do we code those? Being that they are not done face to face with docs, I am not sure how to bill for them.

2) If a child does a test on a computer, but the computer is in the docs office and the doc is there for the entire testing period, can I bill this as 96101 since its face to face time, or am I forced to bill 96103 since its done on a computer?

If the clinician is writing a report - then look at 96118, this includes the reviewing of tests and writing of the report. For computer time 96120 would be the code we would use for that part of the service..if the clinician does other testing or interview then you would code that accordingly.

My CPT book states under 96101 that it is "also used in those circumstances when additional time is necessary to integrate other sources of clinical data, including previously completed and reported technician and computer-administered tests." I believe this would cover your questions.