Wiki Psych Testing

Best answers
I am looking for some assistance with psych testing billing. I work for a psych group with appox 15 therapists and 4 Phds. We do psych testing and will sometimes use an associate level clinician to perform the testing and provide the feedback sessions. The supervising PhD will review the case, give feedback and sign off.
My question is; if the associate level is not credentialed with the payor (ie United) and the PhD is, can we charge self pay rates or do we need to honor our contractional rates with that particular payor?

Hi MSMARLEYS2,:)

If you check out the Healthcare Billing journal in June 2022 pages 16-19. It has information on beh. health testing & billing. CNS Test CPT codes 96116-96131,Health Beh Assessments CPT 96164-96171 and TMS(Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) CPT 90867-90869. I believe you can use a QHP for testing with guidance from psychiatrist or psychologist. However check with each payer. Have you checked for any type of telehealth or video coding or online emailing codes for this process you can use? Also in same article read pages 40-42 on telehealth.
Well I hope helped you.
Lady T(y)