Wiki Psychological Billing

Best answers
I work for a Clinical Psychologist and would like to know if anyone knows of any Webinars/Seminars available to learn what can be billed. Her units are being drastically reduced and I need to know if I can bill a 90791 (initial visit) with either 96101 (psychological testing) 96118 (neuropsychological testing). Most insurances are stating that the testing has so many units per day, and I need clarification on that. Thank you! Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

I bill for a psychologist who has been seeing a patient for about a year now- and the patient struggles with hallucinations.. should the hallucination be coded ?

Well, if the diagnosis is schizophrenia, for example, hallucinations are already included, and you don't code them separately. Hallucinations are not always mental in origin, they can be physical. For instance, seizures can cause hallucinations. Alcohol withdrawal, brain cancer, stroke, migraines can as well.

If she is using a dx that does NOT include hallucinations, and doesn't believe the patient has one of the dx that includes hallucinations and/or isn't sure, she should probably add in something from the R44 category.