Wiki Pulled nephroureteral tube

Best answers
Hi- I'm hoping someone could assist with the following scenario:

Pt left nephroureteral tube has been pulled and was scheduled for same day surgery for a placement.

Under fluoroscopic guidance, about 5 cc of Omnipaque 240 contrast was injected through the pre-existing right flank skin entrance which revealed linear tract to the right renal collecting system. Selective catheterization and recanalization of the previous tract utilizing guiding catheter and guiding wire to the right renal collecting system and right renal pelvis. Exchange was made to a guiding catheter. About 10 cc of contrast was injected to visualize the right renal collecting system and right renal pelvis, down to the bladder.

Exchange was made to new 8.5 French nephroureteral catheter with tip projecting in the right renal pelvis and distal tip in the urinary bladder ,connected to a drainage back down to gravity.
Under fluoroscopy guidance, successful recanalization of the tract the previous nephrostomy tube, right nephrogram, then placement of new 8.5 French nephroureteral ureter tube, connected to a drainage bag down to gravity.

I thought to use CPT 50433 for placement of nephroureteral catheter, however it's not a new access. Should an unlisted CPT code be billed?

Appreciated any thoughts and/or citations
Thank you!

Hi- I'm hoping someone could assist with the following scenario:

Pt left nephroureteral tube has been pulled and was scheduled for same day surgery for a placement.

Under fluoroscopic guidance, about 5 cc of Omnipaque 240 contrast was injected through the pre-existing right flank skin entrance which revealed linear tract to the right renal collecting system. Selective catheterization and recanalization of the previous tract utilizing guiding catheter and guiding wire to the right renal collecting system and right renal pelvis. Exchange was made to a guiding catheter. About 10 cc of contrast was injected to visualize the right renal collecting system and right renal pelvis, down to the bladder.

Exchange was made to new 8.5 French nephroureteral catheter with tip projecting in the right renal pelvis and distal tip in the urinary bladder ,connected to a drainage back down to gravity.
Under fluoroscopy guidance, successful recanalization of the tract the previous nephrostomy tube, right nephrogram, then placement of new 8.5 French nephroureteral ureter tube, connected to a drainage bag down to gravity.

I thought to use CPT 50433 for placement of nephroureteral catheter, however it's not a new access. Should an unlisted CPT code be billed?

Appreciated any thoughts and/or citations
Thank you!