Wiki Pulmonary billing-coding question

mariav

Best answers
The practice that I am affiliated with is interested in purchasing a PFT machine and performing Pulmonary Function Testing in the office. Could my practice bill for the technical component and another pulmonologist (Not affiliated with our practice) bill for the professional component under his own tax idenfication number? If we are able to do this, would our practice have to register as an IDTF with Medicare-Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility? In addition, would this in any way violate stark laws and/or suggest kick backs?

Pulmonary coding-billing question

The practice that I am affiliated with is interested in purchasing a PFT machine and performing Pulmonary Function Testing in the office. Could my practice bill for the technical component and another pulmonologist (Not affiliated with our practice) bill for the professional component under his own tax idenfication number? If we are able to do this, would our practice have to register as an IDTF with Medicare-Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility? In addition, would this in any way violate stark laws and/or suggest kick backs?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!