Wiki Q mods

PLAIDMAN

Best answers
according to Medicare the "treating" physician is supposed to indicate class findings.

My docs simply hand write the Q mod on the billing slip, they do not specifically dictate "class findings" .....they do obviously list all dx's including DM, vascular, neuropathy....ect...

What documentation do you require from your docs to append Q's ?
Should I scan my billing slip with the Q written on it ? & is scanning necessary or should just the note hold up?

thanks

The requirements from the LCD need to be documented in order to use the Q mod and as Jennifer said, they are used with diabetic complication codes.

Do the providers in your facility/practice document the Class Findings for routine foot procedures as part of their documentation or do they incorporate this information within the body system review?

If this is information is documented within the body system review, what challenges have you found and what solutions, if any, have you come up with?

It seems to me that including the Class Findings as part of their documentation provides a clean review for the coder in this area.