Wiki Q3014

Best answers
Can anyone give some advice for how to bill the Q3014? What payers recognize it? How should it be illustrated on a claim form? Greatly appreciate any insight!

Reactions: ADV
Q3014 is a facility fee - it's reimbursed to the hospital or other facility where the patient is located when a physician evaluates them via telehealth from remote location. These sites would need to qualify as an eligible location (i.e. ones in a rural area with a shortage of healthcare providers) to be able to bill it and receive payment. So it would be included on the hospital's UB-04 claim along with whatever other services the patient is receiving during their stay (e.g. emergency room, drugs, supplies, room charges, etc.) The purpose is to allow the facility to report their costs associated with the telehealth services, namely the use of the equipment and the staff time involved. It would not be billed the provider performing the E&M service since they are the ones at the remote location, not at the originating site.

Thank you!! So is this only billable on a UB04?

I have only see this billed on a UB claim. Although CMS does state that a physician office can qualify as an originating site, Q3014 is currently listed in the physician fee schedule with a status indicator 'X' (item or service that is not in the statutory definition of "physician services" for fee schedule payment purposes), which means that it would not be reimbursed to a physician, so I am not sure how that would work. I guess if an office qualifies as an originating site, they would need to contact their local Medicare contractor to find out how this would be billed.

Reactions: ADV