Wiki Qualified CPC in Los Angeles

huguezbrian

Networker
Best answers
BRIAN CHRISTOPHER HUGUEZ, CPC

OBJECTIVE

Seeking employment as a Certified Professional Coder where I may utilize my six plus years of healthcare experience and maximize my potentials for growth in the medical field asa coder.

EXPERIENCE

09/09–Present Vantage Oncology, Inc. Manhattan Beach, CA Patient Account Services Representative-Collector Medical records abstracting & review Review aging reports for all Government, HMO, PPO, CCS, Worker's Compensation and other Commercial insurances carriers Audit claims prior to submission to insurance carriers Research & Analysis of delinquent third party payers Follow up on insurance denials, requests, and notifications Determine reimbursement problems and resolve billing & collection discrepancies Redeterminations, appeals, peer to peer reviews, refunds, claim inquiries, TAR, CIF, and Administrative Law Judge hearing requests Adjusting and resubmitting claims: adding modifiers, units, and procedure codes Verify eligibility and retro-authorizations requests Manage up to (4) facilities with a 2010 year to date collected amount of: $5,728,042.00

06/08-09/09 California Hospital Medical Center-CHW Los Angeles, CA Health Information Management Clerk II Analysis and assembly of in & out patient medical records MedWrite & EmergiSoft dictation review Data entry (AS400) system Assist physicians & other healthcare professionals on accessing medical records Collect and create patient charts as they are discharged from the hospital PHI release forms, answering phones, and filing

05/06-06/08 California Hospital Medical Center-CHW Los Angeles, CA Surgery Attendant-Level II Trauma Center 12 Lead EKG's and Blood withdrawals Set up anesthesia/surgical equipment before and after each procedure Assist surgical team on positioning patient prior to procedure Check patients glucose and temperature after surgery Pick up and transfer specimen, PRBC, Platelets, and Thawed FFP's for surgical patients Inform patient's relatives on status, length of stay and bed assignment Respond to patient's needs from neonatal to convalescent

05/05-04/06 California Hospital Medical Center-CHW Los Angeles, CA Health Information Management Clerk I Analysis and assembly of in & out patient medical records MedWrite & EmergiSoft dictation review Data entry (AS400) system Assist physicians & other healthcare professionals on accessing medical records Collect and create patient charts as they are discharged from the hospital PHI release forms, answering phones, and filing

EDUCATION

2009 United Education Institute-College Huntington Park, CA Medical Billing & Insurance Coding Certified 2003 Youth Opportunities High School Los Angeles, CA High School Diploma

SKILLS

• Excellent ICD-9-CM, CPT-4, and HCPCS Level II Coding Skills • DRG, OPPS, DOFR & HIPAA Compliant • Excellent Billing, Collection, Reimbursement, and Customer Service Skills • Knowledge of Medicare/Medi-Cal guidelines,MedicalTerminologyand Anatomy • CMS-1500, UB04, TAR, RTD, MCR Redetermination, MCAL CIF, and Explanation of Benefit (EOB) forms expert. • Knowledge of Third Party Payer: PPO, HMO, Medicare, Medi-Cal, Global Period/Case Rates, Technical and Professional Components • MediSoft, EmergiSoft, MedWrite, Enterprise & Intergy, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint

CREDENTIALS/CERTIFICATES

Certified Professional Coder, Phlebotomy & Blood Withdrawal Certificate, CPR & Fire Safety Cards, and Medical Billing/Insurance Coding Certificate

9319 COMPTON AVENUE APT. #9 • LOS ANGELES,CA90002 HUGUEZBRIAN@YAHOO.COM – (323) 271-2397

Hi Brian,

I am looking for a professional coder with a minimum experience of 3-4 years with a knowledge in Laboratory and Radiology. Our office is located in Burbank, Ca.

If you are interested please send your resume to nilda.short@diaglabs.com

Thanks.

Nilda