Wiki Question, advice?

Kworden578

Best answers
I have my Associates in HIT; I haven't coded in about a year to a year and a half. I am pursuing my certification. Is it better to gain employment in the field again before testing?
There are a couple of positions that are available that do not require certification.

Thank you!

If you can get your foot in the door do it. If nothing else it helps with being prepared for test plus shortens time after test to get rid of the A . I found when I switched from a lab to a primary care couple months before taking test for 2nd time I did much better on hcpc.

I'm not certified yet, currently working on that, and I don't come from a medical background, legal actually, and I'm finding it extremely difficult to get my foot in the door. I've applied to the local healthcare group many different times for different position and I just can't seem to get in. I'm running up against the problem of having too much experience for entry level jobs, but not enough experience, or the right kind of experience, for other jobs. I'm bound and determined to get my certification and get a job as a coder, but I'm getting a little discouraged right now. I'm going to continue to look, but it's difficult.