Wiki Question: is 63710 supported in op report

jojo1uf

Contributor
Best answers
Hi, I am new to surgery coding and am asking for someone's expertise.... I was wondering if you could tell me if 63710 is supported for each of the attached op reports. Please see attached pdf. There are 2 separate op notes.

63710: Dural graft, spinal. Surgical repair of a cerebral spinal fluid leak due to a hole in the membrane covering the spinal cord, using a graft (tissue implanted from another source). At the end of a procedure where the dura has been incised, the physician sometimes prepares a graft of subcutaneous fat, freeze-dried dura, fascia, or muscle. Suction is used to keep the incision free of cerebral spinal fluid. Single dural stitches are used to achieve closure. A second needle is attached to the free suture ends and the needles are passed through the graft, which is tied down outside of the repaired tear to achieve watertight closure. If the dural defect is small and difficult to access, the graft can be placed inside the dura. After verifying that the repair is watertight, the physician proceeds with closure.

The provider reported 63710 for Case #2, but not Case #1.

I would so appreciate some input. Many thanks!!!;)

Attachments

• Op Report CPT 63047.pdf
    729.3 KB · Views: 6