Wiki Question regarding Baclofen billing

Best answers
I am curious as to how other neurology coders are billing for the Baclofen when refilling the Baclofen pump? The J0475 code is described in mg, but the refilling is done in ml. Do you convert the mg to ml? The J0476 is described in mcg and indicates for "intrathecal trial". I don't believe the refilling we are doing would be considered a "trial". Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jennifer
:confused:

I am curious as to how other neurology coders are billing for the Baclofen when refilling the Baclofen pump? The J0475 code is described in mg, but the refilling is done in ml. Do you convert the mg to ml? The J0476 is described in mcg and indicates for "intrathecal trial". I don't believe the refilling we are doing would be considered a "trial". Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jennifer
:confused:

Here's a little chart I put together, but that is the only 4 kits that we use. I wouldn't say you "convert" the mg to ml, per se, but just match up the dosing to the kit numbers. Hope this helps, would be happy to try to explain further if you need.

Kit # Baclofen Volume/Dosing # Units to Bill J0475
8561 20cc- 500 mcg/mL 1
8562 20cc- 1000 mcg/mL 2
8564 20cc- 2000 mcg/mL 4
8566 40cc- 2000 mcg/mL 8

Hope this helps! :)

Apparently my chart doesn't translate well here; if you want to send me your email in a PM, I'll send you what I have.

Last edited:
Here's a little chart I put together, but that is the only 4 kits that we use. I wouldn't say you "convert" the mg to ml, per se, but just match up the dosing to the kit numbers. Hope this helps, would be happy to try to explain further if you need.

Kit # Baclofen Volume/Dosing # Units to Bill J0475
8561 20cc- 500 mcg/mL 1
8562 20cc- 1000 mcg/mL 2
8564 20cc- 2000 mcg/mL 4
8566 40cc- 2000 mcg/mL 8

Hope this helps! :)

Apparently my chart doesn't translate well here; if you want to send me your email in a PM, I'll send you what I have.
Meagan,
Thank you for your reply. My email address is jhostetl@elkhartclinic.com.
Jennifer