Wiki Question Regarding Eligibility for Certified Professional Biller (CPB) Exam

JStussy

New
Best answers
Hello,
I'm looking to take the Certified Professional Biller (CPB) Exam at some point, and saw that the educational requirements to take it include courses in Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Pathophysiology. Since I already took these courses as part of my Associate's Degree, I'm wondering if I would simply need to provide a copy of my transcript when I enroll for the exam. Thank you very much.

As far as I know, it's just a suggestion/recommendation. You don't have to show or submit anything in order to schedule and take it other than being a member. You don't have to prove any courses were taken.

Hello,
I'm looking to take the Certified Professional Biller (CPB) Exam at some point, and saw that the educational requirements to take it include courses in Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Pathophysiology. Since I already took these courses as part of my Associate's Degree, I'm wondering if I would simply need to provide a copy of my transcript when I enroll for the exam. Thank you very much.

Amy is correct - those are recommendations, not mandatory requirements.

If you're already comfortable in your knowledge of those subjects, you don't need to complete the prerequisites. They are offered because some people pursue certification without any background in healthcare and need to start learning from scratch.

Best of luck in your preparation for the exam!