Wiki Question regarding Holter Monitors in Primary Care

Best answers
Good Morning! I am totally confused and hopefully someone can help clarify CPT 93224. We place Holter monitors in our office and have billed CPT 93224 but I need to know does this code include if you own the monitor? If so we do not own the monitor so what are our options for billing? We place the monitor and when the patient returns the monitor is removed. The report is downloaded and the summary is reviewed by the physician. He will either have a phone call or a follow up visit with the patient for discussion of the findings and to establish a treatment plan if needed.

Thank you to anyone who can help me have a better understanding.
A Berry

Good Morning! I am totally confused and hopefully someone can help clarify CPT 93224. We place Holter monitors in our office and have billed CPT 93224 but I need to know does this code include if you own the monitor? If so we do not own the monitor so what are our options for billing? We place the monitor and when the patient returns the monitor is removed. The report is downloaded and the summary is reviewed by the physician. He will either have a phone call or a follow up visit with the patient for discussion of the findings and to establish a treatment plan if needed.

Thank you to anyone who can help me have a better understanding.
A Berry
Hello Berry,

If you are hook up the device at office and your physician reviews - you bill only 93225 and 93227.The third party who does the analysis of the report bills the 93226.

In other words, you do not get to bill the global code 93224, if part of the service is done by a different company. Confirm what they are billing, so that will clear up things on your end.

Attached the below for coding reference.

HTH